Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stamping, Inking, Hardware Stores & Alcohol Inks!

Here is the layout that I just completed. I had so much fun creating this page. It took so long because my week got so busy! (You know how it goes...) But I was finally able to play last night... and into the morning! There is so much going on, but I think that it all ties together well, and I am excited to share it with you.

AT A GLANCE:
techniques you see...
~Stamping
~Glimmer Mist & Mask
~Embossing
~Alcohol Inks
~Paper Tearing (Don't be scared... just rip!)
~Inking
The Bling that you see above did not start off as purple... but, a little Alcohol Ink and it becomes the color that I need to match my layout!
Close Up of my torn paper... after you tear your paper inking the edges helps give it a more finished look....
Who doesn't just love Prima Flowers?!
Embossed & painted Grundgeboard.... the key & heart is a Vintaj embellishment. I just discovered this company and, well, I am head over heals! The little jump rings are Tim Holtz...
I am very excited about my tag. I love inking up tags... ever since participating in the 12 Tags of Christmas, but I wanted to start putting them on my layouts. This was my first attempt... and I see many more in my future. I used a Kaleidacolor Stamp Pad and a brayer to ink of my stamp. I then embossed it with clear powder and inked over it all with my Distress Inks. A little more stamping with some flourishes...

Do you see this embellishment? This is the coolest!!! Do you want to know what it is??? OK, I will tell you... It is a washer! I bought it at Lowe's for less than 50 cents! I used Ranger's Alcohol Ink and inked it all up, front (top) and back (below)... added a little glossy accents and WOW!

Using different colors and motions you can get a ton of different looks! I challenge you to go to the hardware store and see what you can find to make your own embellishments. I came out with a whole goody bag that cost less than 10 dollars!

Using "Insightful Meadows" from Unity Stamps, I stamped the flowers right onto my background paper using different colors.


Don't be afraid of stamping on your backgrounds. I am really into stamping. So much you see though, is stamping on cards. I don't really make cards... (I should!), but I am enjoying taking stamps and finding ways to use them on my layouts.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...time for me to get back into layouts I see...Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Comments