Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What's Your "Mini"?

Happy Tuesday! Here are some mini-cards that I have made. They are little 3" x 3" cards that were made using cardstock and paper from the "Lost & Found" stack from Tim Holtz. I had so much fun making these little cards. They are great to give as little "happies"!

Look what you can do with just a 1" square punch and scraps!

This card is one of my favorites! I love these little animals! The monkey is on little pop dots and I just doodled the lines & dots. I stamped the "Hello" on the same color cardstock and then cut it out and inked the edges. This is a way to add a little subtle dimension.

I used Distress Embossing Powder on my background, above. This embossing powder has little beads in it that you brush away after the powder has been heated and cooled. It creates a very rustic, distressed look. I stamped the heart onto pattern paper and then cut it out and adhered with pop dots. Both stamps are from Hero Arts.

This paper is one of my favorites from the stack. I love music. I have a stereo in my studio and love to listen to music as I create. For my sentiment: I stamped it twice on the same colored paper. I cut out one whole stamp and inked the edges and then from the other stamped image I cut just the "Dance" out and then adhered with pop dots on top of the other.

My husband has been saving his bottle caps for me. I have several ideas for these, but that will come later. Here I took one and cut a circle using my nesting circles from Quickutz. I cut a smaller one and wrote "hi" and put it on a pop dot in the center.

I stamped this image with brown ink. I didn't like how muted it was, so I took my glaze gel pen and drew over the stamped image. This is a fun little trick! You can use pens, markers, paint, stickles, etc! on top of your stamped images...

I love this stamp! It is from the July "Stamp Set of the Month" from Unity Stamps.

I hope you have been inspired BIG by my little mini's. Until next time... Happy Day!

1 comment:

Comments