Thursday, November 11, 2010

"I Voted Today"

Paper Patch Crafts is having a Red, White, & Blue Sketch Challenge. The sketch is below:


 Here is my take on the sketch:
This was a very simple layout. I used three different pattern papers and red, white, & blue cardstock. I sprayed all three sheets of cardstock with Glimmer Mist. I cut the word "thankful" out using my Revolution and the Chocolate 4x8 Alphabet Die. The star border was cut out with the Cricut and the Holiday Cake cartridge.

I love ribbon. I added some loopty-loops to create some defintion in my ribbon.

I made a rosette using my Martha Stewart Scoreboard. The sticker you see is the one I got
November 2, 2010 after I exercised my right to vote.  

Today is Veteran's Day. I want to thank all the Veteran's and the soldiers that have and are keeping us safe, protecting our freedom, and giving their time and some their lives... My cousin wrote as his Facebook status the following:

 A veteran is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life.

God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments