Monday, November 15, 2010

So Loving the Sew Easy

Here is a layout that I did today:
When I saw these papers by We R Memory Keepers, I had to get them! I am a polka-dot girl. I just love polka-dot paper. These papers are from their White Christmas line. I used "Naughty or Nice" and "Dear Santa". Before I got started, I traced the shape of "Dear Santa" onto a sheet of white cardstock so I can use the shape on other papers. I knew I wanted to use my new tool, "Sew Easy" on this layout. This is an awesome tool... It makes it easy to add borders to your projects to sew. Your run it over your paper and it pierces holes for you to go back and sew through! It's great!!!

It has a total of 7 attachments. The one that comes on it and then 6 extras you buy separate, (they are sew worth it...) The packaging comes with stitching guides on the back... I put them on a ring to keep with the tool as a quick reference, but We R Memory Keepers has a stitch guide and tips here.

This is my frame that I sewed for my layout. At the end of this post there is a short tutorial on getting your scallop corners to be pretty! It was really "sew" easy to create this and it adds so much to my layout. I added some glitter brads, also from We R Memory Keepers, at the points of all the scallops. I cut out the holly corner piece from my Silhouette. I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam & Glimmer Glaze to spice up this embellishment.

I cut out the titles and music note out of my Silhouette too. I used white cardstock and inked it with my Ink Blending tool and Distress Ink, Black Soot. Here on the work "oink" I only inked the bottom and then faded it out to white... I then sprayed Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Marshmallow over it. I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Black Magic on top of the words "Christmas Pig".

These pictures had a story behind them that I wanted to capture on my layout. Using the Dear Santa paper was perfect because it already had lines for all my journaling. Here I turned the picture so the journaling would be easier to see, but on the layout it is vertical.

Here is some tips on using the Sew Easy and making the scallop frame:

For starters you want to use a foam like mat. We R Memory Keepers makes one, and its pink and really cute! I wanted it, but since I knew I had something at home that might could work, I chose to get all the attachments instead. (but I still want that super cute mat! lol...) I laid a ruler down on my paper and ran the Sew Easy tool along side of it to help insure a straight line.

When it came to making the next side of my frame, I had to play a bit to make sure that my corners were right. This is what I discovered:
Once you make you one line and you are ready to make your next, you want to line up the bottom scallop with the middle hole of the scallop from your existing line. This way your corner will have a nice transition, like the scalloped line in the picture above.

I hope that this has inspired you and given you some insight into the Sew Easy tool. If you have any questions please feel free to ask... I will be more than happy to help!

Have a very happy week!

4 comments:

  1. I just got my Sew Easy stuff this weekend and did a simple border on a layout. Loved it, and can't wait to try more! Love your layout and explanations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing....I want my Sew Easy stuff! This will be my next purchase :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Sew Easy Tool and love it also, Sew Easy to use. Stop by and see the layouts that I have posted on my blog at http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where were you able to find the Sew Easy?

    ReplyDelete

Comments