Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 8 Tag - Extreme Masking! LOVE IT!

O.K. I am in love with this technique! I had so much fun making this tag... all the inking and misting and stamping! Creative overload! I took the technique that Tim Holtz shared and used it with my own mask that I made with my Silhouette. I cut out the word 'wish' in vinyl and used it just as he uses his mask in the instructions. I am going to have to work out the kinks though because the vinyl tends to be too sticky and it is hard to peel off without ripping your project. (I ended up holding my tag in front of my space heater as I pulled off the vinyl! lol...) 

The masking though is so very cool, and this tag ended up inspiring another project which is going to be used for Christmas gifts! Yahhhoooo! I have been waiting for inspiration to strike! 

Here is a close up of my tag. I used the Alterations Tattered Floral Die to make my flower. I inked the back side a little lighter green and added Stickles to it. I then folded over the petals and stapled them giving me a two toned flower. I rounded the edges of the petals a little with my scissors and then added my sentiment stamp! and Whaaa-la!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments