Sunday, December 5, 2010

I am back....

Happy Day! Sorry I have been gone so long, between hosting Thanksgiving, (I didn’t burn the turkey!), and then getting sick and just feeling miserable, it has been hard to create and blog. Friday, though, after seeing the doctor, two shots, and some antibiotics, I am starting to feel better and getting my desire to create back! Well, I have been thinking about my blog and the direction that I want to take it. There are a lot of ideas spinning in my head and I am very excited about what’s to come! I started my blog to share different techniques and to inspire, but feel as though it as gotten away from that a bit.... If you asked my friends they would tell you that I am always interested in the “new”. The new tools, new techniques, new supplies, new paper lines… It is all so addicting! But I think for now, I want to go back and revisit some of my old favorites. Maybe mix them up with some of the new… I am sure it is going to be an exciting and creative journey and I hope that you all will come along for the ride. I also have some exciting news that I will announce at the beginning of the week.

Going on right now is Tim Holtz’s 12 Tags of Christmas. I stumbled upon this last year and had so much fun making the tags. You can see my tags from last year here. He also has all the years past on his blog. It is something that I look forward to as soon as the cooler weather sets in… It’s not about going out and buying what he is using, for me, it is seeing his tag, being inspired, and then seeing what I can do with it using what I have. Confession: I will go out and buy some things, but only things that I can use over & over again or things that just spark my creativity and ideas just start spinning… sometimes out of control! Lol… Sometimes my tags will look similar to his, but sometimes they look nothing like his. It is just so much fun! I really recommend going over and taking a peak. Even if you can’t follow along, at least leave a comment, there are drawings everyday for prizes! Also, his directions are fabulous. Step by Step and so easy to follow, using both old and new techniques! …and lots of pictures!

Hope that you all have had a great weekend and I look forward to sharing with you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments