Happy New Year!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a very fun and Happy New Year! I am back with some organizational tips & tricks and some more Christmas presents too! I am so excited about my blog this year and the upcoming events and plans I have for it!
I thought that with it being the New Year and all the New Year's Resolutions that are being made organizing would be a good place to start for the beginning of the year.
Here is something that I recently did to help me with all my Distress Inks. I am now the proud owner of all 36 colors of Distress Inks! ...but I only own 8 Ink Blending Tools. So what I did to help me keep my Blending Foams separate is just genius! If I do say so myself!
This is what I had...
This is what I have now!
I took the organizing sheet that Ranger had on their website and printed it out on letter size paper as it was intended. I then took it and blew it up 140% onto 12" x 18" paper. I used a hot glue gun and adhered small pieces of Velcro to each square. My blending foam fits perfect and each color now has its own foam and there is no question as to what goes with what!
NOW... for some of my recent projects!
Here is a frame that I made using a paper line from Bo Bunny, Mamma-Razzi. It was a shadow box frame. I painted it and added pretty paper and embellishments. I was so so happy with the way it turned out...
Here is a close up of the flower arrangement. I used Grungepaper, paper, & Sticky Back Canvas. The rose turned out to be the coolest. I used the Rose Sizzex die and cut it out with Grungepaper and then rolled it up to make the rose! Because Grungepaper will hold its shape, you can play with it like this!
The is a cute little board I made for my Nephew, Mason. I started with a magnetic white board and covered it with this cute dinosaur line from Imaginisce. It is perfect for his room and safe because it is magnetic and a push pin board.
I was very happy with this too! It is a wall hanging I made for my sister-in-law and her family. Each board is 3.5"x3.5". I painted them with Paint Dabbers and then Mod Podged the letters on to the boards to spell out their last name.
Last, but not least! Here is a wall hanging I made. It was for someone who loves skulls & crossbones. These came from a Grungeboard pack. I used extreme masking for the "G".
This skull I painted with the Pearl Paint Dabber and then used Alcohol Inks to color it.
Distress Embossing Powder met this skull... and then Distress Inks!
I painted this skull with Crackle Paint!
Well here's to a New Year full of fun, change, & creativity. I hope to bring you lots of inspiration this year. I challenge you to step out of your comfort zone this year and try new techniques and push yourself to new creative bounds!