Thursday, February 3, 2011

Color Crazy ...on an all white layout!

Good Morning to all! Happy Thursday. I wanted to share with you a twist on "Color Crazy".
A little history on the picture:
My husband took this picture Christmas morning. We had Ranger boxes everywhere! (I work at the local scrapbook store, so I brought home boxes to use to wrap things in... of course I picked Ranger!) Which is quite symbolic because this Christmas my husband got me the last color I needed to complete my set of Distress Inks!

Back to the layout....
I wanted to do something fun... and about me and my love for inking things! That is how an all "white" layout begin... Between Distress Inks, Paints, Misting Sprays, Copics, and more... it is so easy to change things to better fit your projects. I find myself buying more white or neutral embellishments because I know I will just end up changing them to be a perfect match for my project. I wanted to use all white, but lots of different textures.

My picture is a fairly "neutral" picture. The only color that really pops is my red Santa hat. That is why I decide to throw a little red into the mix to shake it up a bit! I wanted to add just a hint of red and I didn't want to over power the layout. That is when I decide to pull out a tried and true design principle: The Visual Triangle.

It is a very easy design practice that helps you arrange the elements on your page. Just imagine a triangle on your layout and at the tips is where your elements can go. Now, take a second look at my layout:

Do you see how I used a visual triangle to add the red into the layout? I was able to make my bright red hat work for me instead of it standing out as a "misfit!"

Up Close:

I cut out the letters for color from my Cricut. I did both the letter and shadow out of the same paper. I outlined each letter with a Copic marker and then pop dotted the letters onto the shadows.

My journaling is on a clear acetate journaling block. I used the same marker to add an outline of red around it...

I hope that you have been inspired and give playing with The Visual Triangle a try... and maybe even create your own color crazy layout!
Happy Creating!

5 comments:

  1. Love what you did with this layout and all the white textures.

    Thanks for sharing the visual triangle.

    moran99@comcast.net
    http://creatingforlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Please visit my blog and check out the last two posts...I left you something.

    ReplyDelete

Comments