Saturday, February 26, 2011

Curtain Call

Today I am bringing to you a decorative wall plaque that I created using Graphic 45's Curtain Call line. This is a fabulous and glamorous line! ...and when I think glamorous, I think Marilyn Monroe. She was so beautiful. I made this for my studio. I have a Marilyn Monroe clock & framed poster in there, so this will fit right in...
It measures 8.5"x2.5". Some fun things that I did on here are:
-I cut out the ticket strip from paper and adhered it across the bottom in such a way that adds dimension to my project.
-Using Tim Holtz's film strip ribbon I created "leaves" for my flower. My flowers were cut using the Tim Holtz Alterations die, Tattered Florals.
-I made Rosette flowers using my Martha Stewart Scoredboard. HERE is a little step by step guide for making Rosettes. What is fun about these is that I made their stems using wire that is spiraled down to the plaque!
-The beaded fringe going across the bottom and the diamonds in the center of the flowers add just the right amount of bling! I had to have diamonds...after all...
"Diamonds are a girl's best friend!"

Here are a few pictures of my studio...
(taken with my cell phone a while back... sorry so low in resolution...)


4 comments:

  1. FABULOUS!! Just absolutely LOVE it!! Great job!! TFS!! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. PHENOMENAL! She is going to look beautiful on your wall. TFS

    Jess B
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea, Love, love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur space is a dream!! Perfect project Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments