Friday, February 25, 2011

A Friendship Card!

Happy Friday! Welcome weekend! I have a HUGE weekend planned with a grand finale on Monday! So keep coming back! I hope you have enjoyed all the Graphic 45 inspiration I have been sharing this past week. I have had so much fun creating and playing with all their papers! I am on inspiration overload! Today I am sharing a card that I made using papers from two different lines: Once Upon a Springtime and Le' Romantique.
This is a #10 size card. I started with a tag. I covered it with paper and then stamped and embossed with Clear embossing powder. I then used Distress Inks to ink up the paper! The embossing resisted the Distress Ink so you can see the flower image. It is simple and understated, but adds a little interest to my card. The Leaves I cut out with my Tim Holtz Alterations Die, Tattered Leaves. One is cut from Grungeboard and the other from Grungepaper. I inked them up using Distress Inks and then stamped on flourishes. I stamped the "Friend" sentiment on to a scrap piece of "My Beloved" (the polka dot paper). But, I used the pattern on the back. I tore it out and inked the edges to give a vintage look to my card. The metal flower is from Graphic 45's staples line, Metal Flower Staples. I wrapped wire around my card to add a fun and funky detail.

Hope you have a fantastic Friday and please come back to see what all I have in stored...
HINT: I am saving the best for last!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous. I love all of you creations. www.thefruitofmyhands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments