Thursday, February 24, 2011

We are all Domestic Goddesses

It's Thursday! Happy Day! I am sharing with you something today that I have wanted to create for quite a while... I am still some what of a newlywed.. We have been married 4 and a half years now... Well cooking... I do love to cook. I was told once that, "If I could read, than I could cook!" The problem is... what do you do with all those recipes??? I have my tried & true favorites, Thanksgiving Recipes, and then stuff I want to try... all in one big pile on the shelf!
So I made myself a box to store all my recipes!

What better paper to use than Graphic 45's Domestic Goddess? 
I started by painting the bottom red and the lid black. I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic Paints. I love these paints! The color is so rich and they are so easy to work with, love them! I then covered my box with paper. I used my Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium to do this... Here is a little tutorial that I did about covering with Multi-Mediums... My box is now sealed and protected so it can sit on my counter in all it's glory!

Here are some details:

This is the top of my box. I embellished it with some flourishes, flowers, and a bird cage, (cut from Tim Holtz Alterations Die). For my bird cage, I adhered paper to Grungeboard using my Multi-Medium. Once it dried, I then cut out the bird cage. This is great because I can use pattern paper to decorate with, but have the sturdiness of Grungepaper.

Here is a picture of the back. I used hinges that I cut out of Grungepaper (using Tim Holtz Alterations Die) and distressed to make it look rusted and aged... They are glued to the top and the back, and work like hinges... To do this you only adhere the ends to your project. There is no glue on the middle of my hinges...
Here is the front of my box... I have a key hole that I did using the same technique as my hinges... and these beautiful copper flowers that Graphic 45 makes! I fell in love with these at the store, and just had to have them! They worked perfect for my little recipe box! The center of my flower is a brad, also made by Graphic 45... I have a little jar with a key... this is where I keep my family's secret recipes! :)

I hope you have been inspired today by this little project! ...and you channel the Domestic Goddess within to create something beautiful for your home!
Happy Creating!
-Christine

4 comments:

  1. wow, thats beautiful,,,
    am a new follower,,
    Imogene
    follow me...
    sweetlilcricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is beautiful----I love Domestic Goddess----I made a card with it last night.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. You freaking rocked this. Where can I get the Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic Paints from?

    ReplyDelete

Comments