Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Challenge Me Happy

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't."
 
Today I have a card to share that I did for a fun challenge going on over at Challenge Me Happy. It is a recipe challenge... your project must have the following ingredients:
1. quote
2. stamping
3. birds
4. arrows
5. brads
Here is my card:
 
Look close at the music notes... notice anything?
They are backwards!
This stamp is from Stampers Anonymous, Tim Holtz - Seasonal Reflections stamp set. They are made to do some pretty neat "reverse" stamping techniques, but I thought backwards would be perfect for this card.
 
When I read that one ingredient had to be a bird, I knew just the stamp I wanted to use.... My nee Flourish Bird, Large - from 100 Proof Press. I love this bird! I added some Stickles, (in Crystal), to really make in sparkle!
 
The arrows used for journaling were made using a stamp from Cocoa Daisy.
 
Distress Inks & Archival Ink is what I used on this card.
 
My card was inspired by a song from Shinedown, "Her Name is Alice".
 

There is lots of stamping & on this card. I created this one night this week when I couldn't sleep. You know when you are lying there, but your mind is going a mile a minute and you just have get up and do something....? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments