Thursday, February 7, 2013

Be YOU - art journal entry

I have always kept a journal. It is something that I cherish. I have played on and off with art journaling through the years, but this past summer I started an art journal to document this time in my life. I am using a Simple Stories Snap Binder. You can see it HERE.
 
I want to share with you my recent entry....
 
 
When I started working on this, I was really upset. It was actually going to be a negative kind of piece, pulling the pain out of me and putting it on the paper. But that is the beauty of creating, it is so therapeutic. As I was working on it, I was calming down...
 
I started with a piece of Manila Cardstock by Ranger. Then I raided my scraps to come up with this:
 
....and then they all went into my office paper shredder! This is what I got:
 
 I then used Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Line Multi-Medium and coated my Manila Cardstock and just started throwing the shredded pieces on there. I then went over it all with the Multi-Medium.
Once it dried, I used words that I cut out of one of my favorite pieces of paper -
from the BE YOU line, "Subway Art" by Fancy Pants Designs.
 
The last step was painting the edges. I used Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Acrylic Paint in "Smidge of Blue" & "Purple Palette" mixing them up and then just quickly brushing it on lightly.
 
Always remember to BE YOU. Others might object and try to change you, but you have to be true to yourself.
 
xoxo,
Christine
 
P.S. I still have a huge pile of shredded paper... look for it in future projects! ;)
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments