Saturday, February 16, 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge

Happy Saturday! Today I am playing along with The Designer Draft Challenge going on over at Paper Smooches!
 
 
The Challenge was to create a card from the following sketch:
 
Here is my card...
 
I used a stamp from the Pretty Phrases stamp set. The stamp says "Thanks ever so much", but I used a masking technique to stamp just the word "thanks" to create my background in the upper right corner. I then used the full stamp to stamp and emboss the sentiment.
I used paper from Crate Paper's Maggie Holmes line.
 
 
 
FUN TECHNIQUE:  
 
Using Scor Tape and Embossing Powder, I made my own Washi Tape, which matches my project perfectly.
 
I used Ranger's Adirondack Ink in Stream to stamp the word "thanks" for the background. I then used Ranger's Adirondack Embossing Powder in Stream to make matching Washi Tape.
 
DETAILS:
1. Lay out your Scor Tape, or any other 2 sided tape, on your craft mat.

2. Sprinkle with your embossing powder and knock off the extra. You can use all one color, like I did here, or play with multiple colors.

3. Heat the embossing powder til it melts. Once it cools, peel up your tape and use it like you would any Washi Tape!
 
 
Hope you all get a little time to create this weekend. I plan on spending all day tomorrow in my studio! Have a happy day,
XOXO - Christine
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Great thank you card! Thanks for sharing your technique for making your washi tape--the embossed tape looks fabulous on your card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments