Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Breast Cancer Ribbon Book

Hi you guys! I am sharing a very special project today. It is a book that I did in honor of my Grandmother. I never got to meet her because she passed away from breast cancer in the 70's. I have been told that I look very much like her. I never really realized it until I found this picture:
...and I just see myself in her so much. I really wish I could of met her and gotten to know her. Her personality just comes out in all the pictures I have seen of her.
 
I used the Ribbon Book from Genuinely Jane Studios. This is such a great book because you can do it in the colors of any cause you are supporting. It is a great size too! at 11 inches tall!
 
Here are some pages from my book:
 
 



 
Here is my mom and me:
 
I used lots of paint, gesso, multi-medium, and ink throughout my book. I love these wood books because they can handle all of it and not wrinkle!
 
I hope you have a fabulous and creative day.
Christine

1 comment:

  1. Lovely album in honor if your grandma. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete

Comments