Thursday, March 17, 2016

Note to Self: You Got This

Hello Lovelies. I wish I could even begin to share what the past three years have been like, what they have done to me. I have been to the depths of Hell and back, and then to the depths again. I have not wanted to create. Being in my studio hurt and was just too painful. ....but I also knew it is where I would find healing. Longing for the freeing experience of creating, I tried over and over to get back in there. Here and there, I did. 
As time has passed, I have found myself longing even more to release my creativity. New Year's Day I came in here and it was magical. It felt like home again. My happy place. My safe place. It brought peace and clarity. 

As I was in here, I thought a lot about what I am wanting out of life. So, I was thrown a curve ball, and I am not where I thought I would be, but I am done letting what I have been through guide where I am going. Yes, that may not of worked. Yes, I was faced with some scary things. BUT that doesn't mean I have to give up on my dreams. To give up on me. ...and that is what I had done. 


Slowly I am redefining my dreams and goals. Perspective is such a crazy little word. I am changing my perspective of myself and my life. I am sure I will stumble, I am sure it will have its bumps in the road, but I know I will be happier, I will be truer to myself, and I will enjoy the journey of life more than ever. 


I couldn't think of a better layout to start this journey off then the one below. This is one that I did create this past year. As much as I love scrapbooking and reliving the wonderful memories that come when looking at my photos, I have learned that scrapbooking the tough times, the feelings that tear you up inside, the heartache, the pain... that releasing that on a blank canvas is one of the most therapeutic experiences. 




As far as technique goes, this is a fairly basic layout. The edges are inked and there is splattered ink throughout. I used paper from Kaiser Craft's Expressions line. 

Up Close: 





I look forward to what my journey has ahead of me. In life and in my studio. I have started drawing and sketching, playing with Zentangle, and even a little bit of writing. My creativity has been found and I feel whole again. 

XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments