Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Flowers & Stamped Vellum

This is a layout I did last week. I was so pleased with how it turned out. I had a lot of fun inking and distressing my flowers. Below I will go into further detail. One of my favorite accents on this layout is my title. I originally put my letters on a shimmer vellum. But it looked so plain. It needed a little more.... So, I stamped! on the back of the vellum so I could have a pattern without overwhelming my layout or title. I LOVED how it turned out. The glitter "vines" you see were cut out from a double sided "sheet of sticky".. the corner was a design I cut out from my Silhouette, and the top was a die I used with my Revolution. I didn't want to use the same swirlys on my page so I mixed them up, but used the same color glitter to tie them together.



The flowers you see here are a combination of paper, chipboard, and acrylic. I used ink to create them and then used Distress Stickles on the chipboard flower. The acrylic flower I used Staz On ink to define the edges. The middle of the flowers consist of brads, bling, and A FLOCKED GLUE DOT! *
*I really like the look of flocking, but have had some not so great turn outs with it... but at CKC I went to in September I took a class and learned some tricks with it. The pink flower middle is a glue dot that I put flocking on. The key is in the adhesive and pushing the flock down, shaking off excess, and then flocking again. I am still learning, BUT, that is half the fun.
These flowers were also inked as well... with Stickles added too. The white and pink flower is actually a white paper flower with a epoxy flower sticker over it. The centers include more bling and brads.. and a button. The yellow/green flower I used different inks on... (Using more than one ink is a great technique... but make sure you always start with the lightest color and work to the darkest. This protects your ink pads)

The inspiration from this page came from Tim Holtz blog on November 9. www.timholtz.typepad.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments