Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sympathy Card

Here is a card that I made last night. Unfortunately, it is a sympathy card. Someone dear to me is going through the loss of her mother. The card is actually going to be a group card for several people to sign, so on the inside I made a little pocket to stick a tag in for my message. This way it could be private as well.

I used KaiserCraft Paper - Dutchess Collection, Regal & Cordinations "The Chocolate Box" in Blueberry. Making cards out of Coredinations Cardstock is neat because, for example, on this card, the outside is brown but the inside is blue! All the flowers used were white. I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist. The colors I used on this card were: Coffee Shop, Latte, Old Lace, Moonlight, & Wheatfields. The whole card is sprayed with Old Lace, inside & out. (I like shimmer...)
If you look close...

you can see the bead work that I added. I love beading. I paper pierced holes in my pattern paper, before attaching it to my card, and threaded my bead loops in & out to get this look. For the center of my flowers I used a brad for the center and bling for the rest. I colored most of the bling used with my Copics so they would be the color that I wanted. You can easily color bling with Copics or Alcohol Inks!

1 comment:

  1. very nice card, sorry for your saddness today on the loss of your friend. Always difficult to make a sympathy card but you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments