Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Glossy Accent Resist

Happy Tuesday! I have some really fun techniques to share today!
To make this card I started with the pink background, I used papers from Basic Grey's Lauderdale Collection. I took the patterned paper and smeared Glossy Accents over it randomly. Once it dried, I used my Ink Blending Tool and Distress Ink to ink it up! You can see where the the Glossy Accents resisted the Distress Ink.

I used Archival Ink to stamp my background stamp, Hero Arts Design Block Birthday. You want to make sure you use a permanent ink, like Archival, to stamp on to the Glossy Accents so that it stays.

Taking a piece of green patterned paper, I stamped the distressed ticket shape, (Memory Box Index Card stamp). Using the Ink Blending Tool I inked the edges with Forrest Moss Distress Ink. I stamped the flourishes using Forest Moss and Tim Holtz's stamp, Flourish 2.

I stamped the Birthday definition stamp,(Hero Arts Dictionary Greetings), on to a piece of cardstock and cut it out, distressed the edges, and inked it up with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. I used patterned paper and the Tim Holtz Alterations Die Tattered Florals to cut out the flowers. Then I ran them through the Sizzex Texture Boutique and inked them up too!

Some twine, a brad, and a metal embellishment completed the card!

I hope you were inspired! Happy Creating!
Christine

1 comment:

  1. this came out beautiful. TFS

    Jess B.
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments