Monday, July 18, 2011

A Masking We Will Go....

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. I have some exciting news.... last week I was lucky enough to win a set of stamps from Tim Holtz's blog! A set from his new releases! Yippeeee! Even better, I got them in the mail Saturday! Aren't they pretty!?
I plan on playing with them today!

Today I want to share this card that I made using a fun masking technique.
I am really happy with this card. I started with Glimmer Mist, (in Apple) and a tree screen, both by Tattered Angels. I used a new Memory Box Stamp, (Autumn Leaf Collage)and stamped it on my card and also on to another piece of paper. I then colored the leaves in with Twinkling H2O's, cut them out, and pop-dotted them on top of the stamped image on the card. I then added glitter to the stems. I made the tickets using an Imaginisce stamp and a neat masking technique! Do you want to see????
Here it is!

I stamped the image on to my paper.

 I also stamped the image on to a piece of scrap paper and cut out the center, making my mask.

 I took my mask and laid it over the stamped image.

 ...and then stamped a background image on to my paper.

 I then stamped another stamp on top of that...

 Here is the finished embellishment:

I hope that you have been inspired to try some masking!
Have a creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments