Monday, August 8, 2011

Cards for Soliders...

Happy Monday!
The past week as been such a whirlwind... It was a scrapping week for sure! Last Monday I was able to take a class from Memory Box's own Dave Brethauer and then Thursday I was off to the Creating Keepsake Convention, in Nashville, for the weekend!
...and this is where it gets exciting!!!
At the Friday Night Crop CK hosted a card contest. You received an orange piece of cardstock (A2 card size) to use to make a card that will be sent to the soldiers so that they can have cards to send to their loved ones at home. I entered and here is my card:
I used stamps from Tim Holtz - Stamper's Anonymous and from Memory Box. I inked the card base with Distress Inks and stamped the clock tower and flourishes on to it. I then layered the Journey piece and the sentiment on to the card. Both of them were white paper that I inked up using the Distress Inks.
...and then I turned in my card.
I was talking with my friend when I heard them call my name... I didn't know what was going on at first... then all my friends were like, "You Won!" I still can't believe it! It was so much fun and an incredible honor to make a card for the troops. Here I am with my prize and my card:
I couldn't stop smiling! I was so excited!!! Here I am with Megan Hoeppner. She is the Creative Editor for Creating Keepsakes! She was so much fun!

Hope you all have a very happy Monday! I have lots to do... unpacking and work... oh and I hope I have a minute or two to create!
Christine



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Awesome card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your well deserved win.
    My husband is a soldier and would have loved to receive this card. He has an appreciation for all handmade.
    Take care,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Comments