Sunday, January 6, 2013

A little Gesso... and paint!

Happy Sunday! Today I am sharing a layout that I created last weekend.
 
I used paper and embellishments from Teresa Collins Vintage Finds.
 
 
DETAILS:
I started with Gesso and paint from Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Line. Mixing up a couple of colors into the Gesso to make my purple Gesso. I laid a brick stencil down (from Crafter's Workshop) and painted on my Gesso.
 
One tool I am absolutely lost without is my Tiny Attacher from Tim Holtz. I love love love this tool. Here I used it to create the "x"s going up the side of the picture.
 
One thing that I have notice is that so many lines are including these little Bingo Cards. I have so many pieces of paper that have them on there, and yet... have never really used them. One thing I did, above, is fold it up and then attached it to my layout. I really like the look of it and I found that the Bingo Cards are fun to use to add to your layout!
 
I went through the background and circled little phrases here and there that I like.
 
After painting on my brick pattern, I used my paint brush and very lightly brushed a thin layer of Gesso on to the side of my layout.
 

 
I hope you have a wonderful day and are able to find a little time to create too!


3 comments:

  1. FAB LO! LOVE the Gesso'd bricks! I also really love how you emphasized the words and phrases on the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gesso bricks. They are loverly, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you've used the Tiny Attacher. I bought one last year but haven't used it much. Tend to forget about it but I'm getting it out today!

    ReplyDelete

Comments