Monday, November 11, 2013

Falling for a Transfer Technique!

Today I have a fun transfer technique to share with you guys. Using Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas, Bo Bunny Paper, & the awesome Alterable Pumpkin from Genuinely Jane Studios I was able to create these pumpkins for my Fall Centerpiece:
 
Here's the how to:
 
I started with the bare alterable pumpkin from Genuinely Jane Studios:
 
I painted them both with a base coat.

Now for the fun! To transfer! Here is my paper and Sticky Back Canvas all cut to size. 
 
 Pull the backing off the Sticky Back Canvas...
 
 Take your paper and put face down onto the Sticky Back Canvas. The side you want needs to be the side that touching the sticky part. Then burnish real good.

Using scissors score the paper

Mist with water

Then using your fingers, start rubbing off the top layers of the paper. This step takes a bit of time.. 

...and keep rubbing...

...keep going...

Once it is all rubbed off, you will take Multi-Medium and spread a layer onto your now transferred paper. This will help get rid of all the little stray fibers.

I just use my fingers to spread it around...


Then let it dry.
 
I painted the pumpkins with Distress Paints. I randomly dabbed out colors and then used an ink blending tool to blend all the colors together.
 
All blended together:

I used the Eroded Metal Technique that I learned in Creative Chemistry 102 on two sides. 

Once the Multi-Medium dried, I cut out strips and adhered to my pumpkin. 
 
I outlined with paint and then painted a layer over it using Art Anthology Sorbet in Outrageous Orange. This is a new favorite product!
For the stems I used wire, twine, burlap, Glassine, Grungepaper, Corrugated Paper, Sticky Back Canvas and the Tim Holtz Alterations Dies: Tattered Leaves & Tattered Pinecone.
 
I am so happy with how my pumpkins turned out and they look fabulous on my table with my vases and table runner.
 
I hope you have a marvelous Monday and a inspirational week!
XOXO- Christine
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Love transferring paper with the canvas and that paint technique is awesome TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments