Saturday, November 23, 2013

Genuinely Jane Studios & Art Antologhy = Match Made in Heaven!

Good Morning! Grab your coffee and be ready for inspiration. All week long Genuinely Jane Studios and Art Anthology has teamed up to bring you amazing projects full of so much creativity, that for me, I am planning on spending the weekend in my studio because I am so inspired! Today I have a fun birthday album I made using the Genuinely Jane Studios 6x6 Wood Book and a handful of Art Anthology goodies, Sorbet Dimensional Paint, Colorations Color Spray, and Dimensional Crystal, which by the way is my new can't live without product! Now, let's get creative... Here is my birthday hat book! The birthday hat is something I found years ago at a little boutique. It has become a tradition on birthdays to wear it! ...or at least have your picture made in it! CYMERA_20131123_004546
 
I used paper from Glitz Designs "Birthday Wishes". The first thing I did was paint all the pages of my Wood Album. I have talked about this before, but one thing that I just love about the Genuinely Jane Studios Albums is that they are wood. It gives you the freedom to paint, spray, paste, add embellishments, etc... without buckling or wrinkling. I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio paints to paint the pages. To get the muted colors I added just a small small smidge of black to each color to tone it down.
CYMERA_20131123_070738
 
I then used the Art Anthology Color Spray to spray each page. This worked out really kind of awesome because when I covered my pages with paper it smeared and gave a green tint to my multi-medium. I really liked how it turned out...
 
CYMERA_20131123_071042
 
...and then I covered each page, front and back, with the Glitz paper. If you click HERE you can see how I cover my albums with paper using the multi-medium. This is my favorite go to method to insure a smooth, wrinkle free outcome.


I cut paper down to make more pages in between the wood pages. Using a Black Paint Dabber I inked up all the edges of pretty much everything... There are pockets, tags, and hidden spots all throughout the book and lots of room to add more birthday hat pictures!

My Dad & Me:

CYMERA_20131123_004629

Using the Dimensional Crystal I made my own bling to put throughout the album. I did this simply by putting the Crystal on my craft mat and then letting it dry. They popped right off to give me bling completely custom for my project!

CYMERA_20131123_070543
 
There are some pictures that the Birthday Hat is missing in action. As I was creating this album and looking for pictures it was really neat seeing how I have changed over the years... so I made one section for me. I started it with 2013 and am working backwards to include birthday pictures from the past.

CYMERA_20131123_004743

I told you that I love the Dimensional Crystal... well, once again... I LOVE IT! It is so easy to work with which gives you so much freedom with the product. Here is on of my favorite pages. I used the Crystal to free hand swirls and flourishes!

CYMERA_20131123_005005

CYMERA_20131123_005725

 CYMERA_20131123_071559

 CYMERA_20131123_071624
 
I hope you have enjoyed my little birthday album. It will sit out in my living room and I am sure become quite the conversational starter as I add more and more pictures of my family and friends in the Birthday Hat. Make sure you scroll through all the projects from this past week. It has been so much fun teaming up with all these talented artists and learning and being inspired from everyone's projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments