Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Mad Inker strikes again! with her Silhouette!

I had fun! That is the best sentence to describe working on the layout below... I had lots & lots of fun! Just about everything on this layout is inked... I inked to my heart's content! But I would have to say that my "pride & joy" on this layout is my bird & bird cage... Does it look familiar? Well, for you Tim Holtz fans, you should know right away... It is his Bird Cage Alterations die... except... look how BIG it is... This is a 12 x 12 layout... how in the world... well, The Silhouette helped me out a bit!!!! What do you think???

Here is a close up... that is one reason I just love my Silhouette! a Quick overview... I took my die & cut out the design in black paper. I scanned it into my Silhouette program and got the outline and now I can make this bird cage any size I want! Amazing...
I cut this bird cage out of plain beige cardstock... Techniques used on the bird cage & on the layout are....

The Bird cage:
I stamped with Paint Dabbers, I embossed with clear embossing to make a resist. I embossed with brown embossing powder, stamping multiple images in different colors, Distress Inks & Ink blending tool.....
The Bird:
Stamping & inking with Distressed Inks, and the spraying with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist.

I used Alcohol Inks on small washers for the bottom of the bird cage....

The Bright Purple Bling you see was pearl. But then I introduced it to my Alcohol Ink....
The ribbon was white... it met Glimmer Mist.

So, stamping, inking, painting, cutting.. what's not to love....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments