Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cards

Hello! It is so good to be back... I finally decided to give in and just go buy another camera cord! I know I will find mine now... Here are some cards that I wanted to share that I made recently...
Here is the front of the first card... I used Hero Art stamps. I used several different colors to ink the background stamp. I love this technique! The only thing you need to remember is to just start with your lightest color first and work your way to the darker/bolder colors... It just adds a whole new look to your stamping. The scallop flower was also inked this way. I then cut out the stamp and used pop dots to adhere it to the card. I hung a Tim Holtz idea-ology charm off a brad for a little embellishment and a then a ribbon completes the look!
I LOVE this tree stamp! It is a stamp from Unity! I LOVE their stamps just as much as I LOVE Hero Arts! I stamped the tree on the inside of the card in a light green. I was still able to write & sign my card. Do you see the 2010 in the lower right corner? I date all my cards like this for birthdays, holidays, etc... These cards that I am showcasing were the Mother's Day cards that I made this year...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the second card... I used the Hero Arts Shadow Ink for this card... let me just say, TOO COOL! I used an Unity Stamps set for the flowers in the background... and now for the heart... It was made with.... drum roll....Chip Art Tools!!! It is the first time I have used and alphabet stamp with it, and it is just cool! I started with plain chipboard and cut my heart out... I then "stamped" the letters and flowers on to it. Inked it all up and then went back and detailed the flowers with my Momento markers...
Do you see the indentations from the stamping of the chipboard? This is ChipArt... Once again, a little stamping on the inside and the year....

...and a little bit more....

~ I am getting to "create" a Copic Basics class to teach! I am very excited. I was certified by Copic in March and this will be my first opportunity to pass it on... YIPPPEE....

~My next project to post is really neat... as a teaser: The Silhouette, Inking, & Tim Holtz Alteration Die.... curious?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments