Monday, March 14, 2011

First Scrapbookaholic By Abby Challenge!

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I am so excited to share with you today the first Scrapbookaholic By Abby Challenge! There will be challenges every two weeks over at Scrapbookaholic By Abby. Come join the fun... it's easy and gets your creative juices going! Make a project following the theme and link it up with Mr. Linky... there are some great prizes that will be given away!

Now... for Challenge #1:
"Pick Your Own Holiday"

We had to pick a holiday in March to celebrate... There is a great list here of so many different fun days in March!
I chose to honor Dr. Seuss! His birthday is March 2, 1904. I love Dr. Seuss and all his books. I think we probably can all remember reading his books at some point in our childhood. In working on my project, I stumbled accross one of the coolest websites ever:
It is so much fun! I really recommend going there and taking a peek!

There is a poem by Dr. Seuss that I love and it has inspired my project:

How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before its June.
My Goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
-Dr. Seuss

This is what it inspired:
I made this clock using paper from Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 line. For the numbers I used Numerals by Tim Holtz for the "12" & "1/2". The others are brads that I made using my
I-Top by Imaginisce and more paper from Circa 1934. I wanted it to be fun! I am so happy with how it turned out and it looks great in my living room! lol..

I first cut my circle out of pretty thick chipboard. Using Claudine Hellmuth's Multi-Medium in Matte, I adhered my paper to the chipboard. I also adhered the center circle and the circle with the D stamp with Multi-Medium. The circle with the quote was put on using Pop Dots. You can buy clock kits at your local craft store. It was very easy to put together.

Here it is hanging on my wall!

and a close up of the poem:

Now for a little bit of scrapbooking poetry inspired by Dr. Seuss. My friend Laurel Apling wrote this and I thought it would be perfect to share while celebrating his birthday!

"Dr. Seuss on Embossing Powder"
by: Laurel Appling

They poured their powder here and there.
They tripped and poured it in the air.
They poured it on the table, on the floor,
and on the Versamark some more!
They poured it directly on the stamp.
They mixed it with the glue so damp.
They poured it every-everywhere.
It's probably even in their underwear!

Make sure you go to Abby's blog for all the details of the challenge and to enter your project. She has a great prize from our sponser this week.... Cosmo Cricket!
Also, check out all the inspiration from the other Design Team Members!

18 comments:

  1. Love love your project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I LOVE this! Wow how creative you are! I also love Dr. Seuss. My favorite book in the whole world is Oh the Places You'll Go! Your handwriting is adorable if I wrote like that I would never stamp it is precious! I am so honored to be on this team with you, you are uber talented!
    ~Hugs~
    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is awesome! Was looking through the mini pad I won and my eyes always stops at the number design sheet. TFS

    Jess B.
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What an awesome project! I love Dr. Seuss:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool project! So fun & funky :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just amazing! I love the funky patterns & DR SEUSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this project!!! Well I'm in love with all the patterns with clock!!! Great Job!!!
    Love Karla U
    S by Abby DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... This is an amazing project!!!! I just love it! So excited to be on the DT with you!!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is amazing. I would so hang this up on my wall. I am speechless. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing clock, love Cosmo Cricket Circa paper collection. I think I may just have to make me a clock also for my studio. Glad we are on the same DT together, so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is sooo cool!!! Perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project, Christine! Love you journaling, as usual. Wish I had your funky handwriting for my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Christine! that is a really neat project and goes perfect with the poem! i'm sure it looks beautiful on your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! What a stunning project! I love the poem and I love that it inspired the clock! You really did an amazing job!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW you did such an amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project girl !! Love all details.
    It's my pleasure to work with you as a DT at S by Abby !
    Have a great Day ;-)
    Maria Elena.-
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments