Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

Oh HAPPY DAY! It has been a great day. I have gotten some great news and then I found out my husband got great news as well! ...and I am very excited to show you the project that I just completed! If you have been reading, you know that I am taking a class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking, @ Home with Claudine Hellmuth. Well, below is my Week Four Project. I did change it up a bit from our handout, but that is what is so great about this class, it is so full of techniques and it is amazing seeing every one's take on the different techniques and projects! So...without further ado....

This is what my project looked like halfway through:
 We used the back of Sticky Back Canvas and did a neat paper transfer technique. HERE is a video from the Ranger website of Claudine showing the technique. I have tried this technique before and then when doing my page for my technique book. So, for this project I went through my scraps and punched a bunch of squares from different pieces and made this fabulous patchwork piece of canvas! Every time I do this transfer it amazes me! I don't think it will ever get old! (Kind of like Heat Embossing!)
 I used an 8" embroidery hoop as my frame. Before I put the canvas in, I tied ribbon pieces around the top and adhered my bead trim at the bottom. It made it a little difficult to get the canvas between the two hoops, but it was well worth it! And then I added a little bit of this and a little bit of that to get...

You know every now and again you get a finished project that just makes you smile from the inside out? And you just can't help to feel proud of yourself and excited? This is one of those projects! I love the way it turned out and I am on the hunt for that perfect display spot! The picture is one that we took on our honeymoon. (Chris was holding the camera and posing too!) It is one of our favorites!

Above, is a close up of the bottom right of the canvas. I stamped the word forever and then went back over it with a Gelly Roll Glaze Pen. The hearts that you see is another piece of sticky back canvas that I ran through the texture boutique and then used acrylic paint to highlight the embossed areas.

For my flower grouping, I used Prima flowers and to add a little bit more I took ribbon and folded over to make little tabs and they became my "leaves". I was drinking my coffee yesterday morning while working on my project and saw the Bible verse on my cup and was instantly inspired! I feel that it describes the picture perfectly... and how I feel about my husband. The butterfly you see below was also made by Prima.

I hope that you are leaving here happy and inspired. I chose to have my text in purple today because I am just so happy and it seemed very fit! I am going to go create now! I have been so inspired the last few days that I have been working in my studio until 3 in the morning!
Happy Evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments