Thursday, January 2, 2014

yes... we call ourselves babes!

Happy Tuesday! Today I have a layout that I did using lots and lots of pop dots! ...and ink, course texture medium, and my I-Rock! 


The Details: 

I used a Course Texture Medium mixed with yellow paint and a stencil to create the brick pattern. I went in with a brush and Gelatos to add the pinkish detailing.


 The paper that I used is from an older Basic Grey line. I bought three sheets from the clearance paper a while back. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to fussy cut and layer it up... You can see the layering here:

I used several things for my title and journaling. My title was cut using my Cricut and then some sticker letters. The date was done with a old fashion label maker! I got this when my dad upgraded to an electronic label maker at work... its a gem! I then journaled directly on the layout. 

Here is some more layering: 

I used some embellishments from Basic Grey and throughout the layout I used my I-Rock with some metal nail head bling! If you don't know about the I-Rock or have never used it, this is by far one of my favorite tools. I absolutely LOVE it.  

This little quote card is so perfect for my picture... Because these ladies make me smile. They are some of my dearest friends. 

NOW, for one of my favorite things on the layout...
I created this embellishment using the Tim Holtz Alterations Die, Sewing Room and some of his mirrored paper. I stamped on to the mirrored paper and then used Alcohol Ink in a pen to color the base and the top. I then added two buttons for a little flare.

Did you get to do any creating the first day of 2014? I played a bit in my studio. Lots more to come this year. It will be great! 

XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments