Friday, September 24, 2021

The moments spent with you...

 Life is made up of moments. Some good. Some bad. Some are nonchalant. ...and then there are some moments that just take our breath away. They are imprinted into our memory and no matter how much time goes by it seems like only yesterday, and we remember, so clearly, every detail. Even as I type this post to share with you, the memories of the moments that inspired this art journal page dance through my mind. This special person has inspired some of my most favorite pieces. From journaling to the canvas I have hanging in my room. The few, but precious, moments I had with him will always be dear to my heart. 


Using a variety of techniques and some of my favorite stamps from Blank Page Muse, I sat down and captured how these moments make me feel. Whimsical, like straight out of a fairytale. Handsome and strong like he is. Nature, because when I was with him, it was completely as natural and as beautiful. ...and the memories we made, though few, will be with me for a lifetime. 

Look at all the goodies I used! Creating this art journal page was a lot of fun. I had the music on and just got lost in the creative process. No direction, just going where it took me. 


I started with Inking the background up using the Gel Press and Distress Oxide & Distress Mica Stain.


Using Distress Rustic Wilderness, I inked all the edges. 


Then using the Handwritten Note Art stamp and stamped the whole background. 


Now... some magic! 

Using the Medallions Ornate Patterns & Flowers I stamped all over the background and embossed using Distress Glaze. It turned out beautifully!


Now time to put everything together. One of the fun tricks I did was with the tree di-cuts - Sizzix, Tim Holtz Woodlands. After I cut them out, I ran them through my Xyron Creative Station. Before pulling them off, I inked them up. It made working with them so much easier. I do this little trick with lots of my di-cuts! 


The rest just fell into place. A few more di-cuts, a frame, tag, and titling... and wa-la! 


This little journal page turned out better than I could of imagined. ...I think because as I was creating, the love I have was pouring out onto the page as well as the ink, embossing, and embellishments. 

I hope you have enjoyed learning about this Art Journal Page as much as I enjoyed creating it. Blank Page Muse has amazing quality stamps that will inspire your own beloved projects! 

....and, just for you, jump on over to Blank Page Muse and do a little shopping, then use the code BPMChristine to get 15% off your order! 

After that, check out the links below for more inspiration: 

The Blank Page Muse- https://blankpagemuse.com/

 

FB Fan Page-  https://www.facebook.com/groups/blankpagemuse/

 

Instagram Shop-  https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuse/

 

Instagram Blog-  https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuseblog/

 

Twitter-  https://twitter.com/BlankPageMuse

 

Pintrest- https://www.pinterest.com/blankpagemuse/boards/


You can also follow me on Instagram at the_mad_inker 


Until next time... HAPPY CREATING! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments