Friday, October 1, 2021

Hear, See, & Speak No Evil.... Just stamp!

 Happy Friday! This past weekend I spent the ENTIRE WEEKEND in my studio creating. It was absolutely the best time. Today, I am sharing a layout that I created while getting lost in my studio. Everything about this layout I love and it was a lot of fun doing a masking technique while also stamping in an unorthodox way. Are you guys ready to get inky!? 


I had been wanting to do a hexagon background. What better time than for a Halloween Layout? So I grabbed my laptop and created a stencil in Silhouette Studio and cut it out using my Cameo. 


I then set the stencil on top of the pattern paper: My Mind's Eye Mischievous Line. Using the hexagons that were cut out as a mask, I started stamping each negative space using the Blank Page Muse Grunge Cobwebs Halloween Background by Pam Bray.   I did not use a stamp block, But instead rotated my stamp, pressed down, and then used my fingers for pressure to transfer the ink to my paper. This allowed be a lot more control over where my stamped image was and also allowed for the distressed look. 



Once each hexagon was stamped, I removed all the hexagon masks...


While the stencil was still taped down,  I lightly misted with Distress Mica Stains. I rotated light mists with a slow deliberant push of the spray nozzle to get some bigger blotches of the Mica Stain.  

I then took a black felt pen and traced each hexagon. 


Then I removed the mask and revealed the background to my layout... and I fell completely in love with the results! 


Next I traced three hexagons onto another piece of pattern paper from the Mischievous line, cut them out and then stamped each skull from the Hear, See, & Speak No Evil DriBonez Skulls by Rick St Dennis.  I distressed the edges, inked them up, and then adhered them to my layout with pop dots. 



I then pulled out one of my favorite tools: The Crop-a-Dile! To put eyelets in for the ribbon embellishments. 


I used a couple of the hexagons that were cut out, from the stencil I made, for my journaling. One was a quote and the other was the event where the photo was taken. I inked the edges with Gold ink and stamped a little swirl on it using the Fancy Curls & Flowers Flourish. 


Below are all the supplies that I used....



I am so happy with how this layout turned out. Always think about the different ways you can use your stamps and, by thinking outside of the box, you are opening yourself up to a whole new world of possibilities.

A Happy for you! Jump over to Blank Page Muse and pick up the stamps I used, or anything else that you fall in love with, and use BPMChristine for a 15% discount! 

Have a wonderful Friday and Happy Creating! 

Until next time.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments