Thursday, October 21, 2010

Children of the Corn... not really!

Good Morning. I plan on posting twice today, so make sure you come by later to see what I have in stored! Right now I am sharing a layout that I have done for another challenge. I know my last two posts have been challenges too, but they are a lot of fun to do. If you have never played along, I really recommend trying, and who knows, you might win some prizes too!

Below is a sketch from My Mind's Eye. The twist is: Black.

Here is my take on the challenge:
It is actually a very simple layout. I started with a piece of black cardstock. Since I was adhering pattern paper on top of it, I cut out most of the middle, leaving only an edge to glue my paper down to. This way I was able to use one sheet of black cardstock for my whole layout instead of two! (I am all about stretching my supplies!)

I chose papers from the So Sophie Collection. I love My Mind's Eye! There papers are some of the prettiest papers ever! and they are such a good quality: double sided & heavy weighted. The main pattern paper is Graceful "Open Your Heart" Royal Paper. I cut the floral accent out with my Silhouette. As you see, I matted two pictures with black cardstock and the other two with Graceful "Little Lady" Considerate Tulip Paper. I have quite a bit of this purple pattern left over and will make a second page to compliment this layout using the "Little Lady" paper to tie them together.

It is hard to see, but the three little pictures are stair stepped using two different sizes of pop dots. (I love pop dots!) The top picture is adhered directly to the layout. The middle is on small pop dots and the bottom on large pop dots. It gives the layout depth and adds interest.

I hope that you have been inspired and are even considering doing some challenges yourself! As you see by the above layout, it does not have to be an overly complicated layout with all the bells & whistles. Even though you are doing a challenge, you have to adapt the "challenge" part to you & your style. Because, in the end, the layout is going into your album, not theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments