Saturday, October 23, 2010

Everyday Love

 I did not have to work Friday, so I scrapbooked! Yippee! So, I started out in my studio to just play with some inking techniques, etc... but then I remembered this sketch contest going on over at PageMaps, and decided to put an inking twist to it!
Here is the sketch:

 Here is my take:
The foundation is a piece of paper from the Lost & Found Stack by Tim Holtz. My flowers were made using white paper, (you would of never guessed, right???) I stamped the various images with Versamark and embossed with a black embossing powder. I then took my Ink Blending Tool and used Crushed Olive, Dried Marigold, & Tumbled Glass to ink up my paper. I put various brads and metals in the center of my flowers. The blue pattern paper is from Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby Paper Pack.

The embossing powder is a resist to the Distress Ink. So you can do it with any color embossing powder. Using white powder creates a really cool effect!



Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments