Saturday, November 20, 2021

Do You Want to Make a Snowman

Continuing on my Christmas card journey with Tim Holt's 12 Tags of Christmas... 

2007 - Day 2 

The technique I used from his tag was using paint to stamp and emboss. I really do not think that I have ever done this, but I really like how it turned out. Also, to do the background, I used the tried and true techniques of Distress Ink rubbed on your craft mat and mist with water, then run your paper through it. You can see these techniques in detail HERE on Tim Holt's blog. 

For this card, I started with watercolor paper because I knew I would be using water with my Distress Inks and I wanted to make sure that my paper would hold up... sometimes I am quite the heavy mister! 


Once I got the background complete, I finished my card with my own flair from being inspired from the whole process. 


The photo above shows the Distress Inks and stamps I used. Below, you can see how the background turned out. 


The snowman was a lot of fun to make. I cut him out using silver paper and the Tim Holtz snowman die. Then I ran him through my Sizzix Texture Boutique to emboss him. Next, I inked him up, did a little embossing, and dusted him with Distress glitter. 


Once I adhered the Snowman to the background, using pop dots, I inked up the edges to make them darker. 


I am off to spend the day in my studio. I cannot wait to make more Christmas cards, I have canvas I am working on, and I am part of a traveling Art Bible group, so I will be working on Bible Art Journaling today too! 

Until next time... Happy Creating! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments