Friday, November 5, 2021

Back to the Basics... Playing with Paper.

Happy Friday! The past few weeks I have been in my studio more than I have in a long time. Most of what I have been doing has been scrapbooking. Scrapbooking is such a passion. Recording my memories using my love for creating. Reliving the moments that were captured in a photograph. 

Today I have one of those layouts to share with you... 


I created this using the brand new paper line from Blank Page Muse: Cyan Consortium, designed by Pam Bray. 

I started by picking four of my favorite patterns from the paper pack. Then, after going through my paper stash... (You know the thousands of sheets of paper we have collected over the years), I chose papers by GCD Studios. I remember buying these papers. Picking them out to coordinate to go together for a layout. ...like 10 years ago! 

Once I gathered my papers, it was time to play. If you imagine the layout as a sketch, it is a fairly simple one. But dressing it up with the beautiful papers from Blank Page Muse and, of course, the most precious picture of my puppy in her winter coat, the layout comes together looking elegant and, "snow cute!" 

EMBELLISHMENTS: 
The flourish was unfinished chipboard that I painted with Distress Paint and then embossed with Distress Glaze. (I LOVE the Distress Glaze Embossing Powders!) 


Some metal embellishments mixed with some scraps of paper and fabric, some alphabet stickers and embellishing was complete. 

The title was something I had a lot of fun creating. I used a new program and was able to draw my title and then import it into my Silhouette Design Studio and cut it out on my Cameo. I was so so excited about learning how to do this!!! 

Once the title was adhered the layout was complete. 


I hope you have been inspired to play with paper this weekend and record some of your own special memories.

Until next time... 

Happy Creating! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments