Tuesday, August 13, 2013

...I'm just a ticking time bomb...

Hello! Today I have a very interesting layout to share with you. It is a subject that I have wanted to scrap for awhile... Life isn't always pleasant. We all have things that we have to deal with that we wish just wasn't a part of our life... well... Kidney Stones are something that I have to deal with... quite often!
 
This year when I went to get the latest one taken care of, I was able to bring my phone back. I snapped this picture of myself. CRAZY! I know. Who wants a picture like this.....!?
 
But this layout reminds me that I need to just take it and be positive! I have gone through it and have been negative and that is no way to handle it.... It isn't going to make it go away! So, I smile, take care of it... and then move on. ...and then start paying the medical bills!
 
While cleaning out some stuff, I came across my old cat scans and instantly got this idea...
 Yep! this is a layout made of cat scans.... The 12 x 12 is a cat scan that I cut down to size. I brushed Silks Acrylic Glaze by Lumin Arte on to the cat scan.
 
 
I also brushed the Silks on to some smaller pieces and then ran through my Sizzex with the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die. I layered them with pop dots...

 
 The numbers were created using my Silhouette Cameo... I then added the main title with some little sticker letters, "kidney stones suck!" haha!
 
I had some things to say.... so I created a pocket to hide a tag... a tag that was made from a cat scan!
The little strips you see on the picture actually are parts of the cat scan that have my name and doctor's office on them!
 
So... When the going gets tough and things just are in the "blah" zone... look for the positive! ...and maybe an interesting way to scrapbook them!  
 
Happy Creating....

1 comment:

  1. What a neat way to use cat scans. That is stinky that you have had kidney stones that many times. :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments