Sunday, July 10, 2022

A Butterfly and a whole lot of Ink!

 Do you ever see something and are instantly inspired? That is what happened with this art journal page... 


I pulled out my journal, inks, and stamps, and just started going! 

Once the clear gesso dried, I inked the background with Distress Ink. There was a bit of issue with the Distress Ink drying, so I grabbed the heat gun and ran it over the pages to heat set it. Throughout the whole process, I heat set the layers. 


To create my paper pieces, I took some white cardstock, Black Archival Ink, and some of my favorite stamps, and...



I cut up the pieces and started inking. By this point my studio table was crazy:

I used Distress Inks: Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn, Uncharted Mariner. For the bright pop of yellow, I used Squeezed Lemonade Distress Stain. It was actually one of the original stain bottles, before they brought out the sprays. ...but I made mine into a spray! 



Now for the background. I had so much fun inking up the background. 

I started with a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some Distress Ink and then a little stamping with Archival Distress. 

I misted with some White Spray and then the fun really began. I used Distress Ink Re-Inkers and a piece of plastic sleave to apply the ink to my page. 




Now it is time to add my decorative squares. I used my Xyron Creative Station to adhere them to the art journal page. 

My favorite part of this whole art journal page is my orange butterfly. I stamped and embossed in black. Then, using Ecoline Watercolor Brush Pens to add the color.

Some closer looks: 

This stamp below: The Dream, Discover, Destiny Stamp is one of my ALL TIME favorite stamps. 


I hope that this has inspired you to pick up your favorite stamp and inks and Discover what you can create! 


Until next time... Happy Creating! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments