Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Best Time Ever: Getting lost in the creative process...

 Good Morning and Happy Tuesday! Today I have a scrapbooking layout to share with you. I suppose I could call this a "Hybrid Layout." Most of all my paper and embellishments were printed from a digital kit by Katie Pertiet. I did do some inking and stenciling with a little doodling here and there. So, without further ado, I present... "A Hybrid Layout!" 


Here is the Digital Kit that I used: 


I started by printing the red stripe paper. Tearing it and inking it. I printed the Declaration of Independence on Vellum for an art journaling page I recently did. I used the leftover pieces on this layout. Below you will see part of it. The other part I used as a mat for my bottom right photo. 



Once I had the main layout complete, it was time to go in and start inking here and doodling there. Below you see the layout at the almost finished phase. I liked it, but it just feels a bit incomplete. 

I played with adding the half circle behind my main photo, but it still felt like it was just missing something.


I was sitting there looking at it, trying to come up with that missing piece... when a thought crossed my mind: it was the all the "stark white" space. So, a little stenciling for the win! 
I pulled out one of my favorite Crafter's Workshop stencil and Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, and wa-la! It tied my whole layout together. 


Normally, I am stenciling in the beginning of a project. Since this was one of the last steps I did, I grabbed some copy paper and threw it over my photos just to keep them safe. 

The last few details were added and then I was looking at my completed Layout. I just love how it turned out. This was a fun layout to do, because what I originally had in mind, completely evolved, and I was left with something even better. Sometimes, getting lost in the process yields the best results. 


Until next time.... Happy Creating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments