Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fire & Ice - Gesso Transfer Canvas Project

Here is my Week One Project for my @Home with Claudine Hellmuth. I used a Gesso Transfer technique that I learned. I used a Twilight picture I found on the Internet. I think that this is a technique that I need to practice... it is an awesome technique but several factors matter I am finding out...
inkjet print vs. copy machine toner
the amount of gesso used
the amount of water used to peel off the back
I will probably add some more to my canvas once I get a little more inspiration.
As of now though, I stamped a corner flourish using a paint dabber and added a pretty charm to the bottom to dangle. I wrote the poem "Fire & Ice" by Robert Frost which is at the front of the third Twilight book, "Eclipse".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments