Friday, July 30, 2010

Week Four: @Home with Claudine Hellmuth...

Happy Friday Night! Week four just came to a end, and here are the techniques that we learned...

Below is a photo tinting technique using acrylic paint and extra time. I really found it hard to get excited about this technique, so while playing I came up with a different way to use it that I would use more in my scrapbooking. That is what I am absolutely loving about this class: taking the techniques and adapting them to my style and to use on my layouts!

Now this technique was just fun! Using my Texture Boutique to dry emboss Sticky Back Canvas. We also used a Ink Blending Tool, (Tim Holtz), with acrylic paint! It was fabulous!!! The stamp you see to the left is a new Tim Holtz stamp that I got, well new to me! I LOVE IT!

This last technique I have actually done before after watching Claudine do a demo on her website, it is "Transfer onto the back of Sticky Back Canvas". So, this time I tried it with two different pattern papers... it turned out awesome!!! You can't even really see the seam of the two papers where they meet! The potential I see in this! My only problem now is that I am almost out of my Sticky Back Canvas! It is such a fun product to play with and use on your projects!

In talking about Sticky Back Canvas, this layout came to mind that I did right after I bought my canvas... I couldn't wait to for the class to start before I started playing with it! I took a 12 x 12 piece and inked it all up! I used a stencil and sprayed it with Glimmer Mist. I then cut it in half to adhere to my two pages. I then went back and stamped flowers on it using my Memento inks.

Close Up of stamping & spraying on Sticky Back Canvas!
I love this layout because it is documenting our first summer in our house. I took pictures of the details. I was playing with my camera and different angles and lighting... It was a lot of fun and I really like how my shots turned out. Next time you are shooting pictures think about what it would look like if you took the picture from up high or down low. Looking at an angle or straight on. Little changes like that can make all the difference in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic and you are so right, that stickyback canvas is FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your projects, you win, I guess I will have to try my hand at the sticky back canvas now that I have seen yours

    ReplyDelete

Comments