Tuesday, July 20, 2010

look of love:


Good Day Everybody! I am just loving that I have time to create and blog and play in my studio now. Here is a page that I did, (actually it is the second time I scrapped this picture...). The past several weeks have been quite the stressful weeks on my husband and me, work, life, etc... I told him it didn't matter what we went through as long as we went through it together. This past weekend we had a date night at home and looked through our scrapbooks, our honeymoon album was one of them.  This picture was taken on our honeymoon. (Chris was holding the camera and posing!) The original layout was done with a paper that the picture just got lost in and I did a rub-on that was lost in the paper as well... It just didn't suit. I was inspired and took the layout and re-did it completely! As you can see I even got my husband involved too!

The Bo Bunny papers suit this picture so well. With all their lines, Bo Bunny offers a cut out sheet, it is double sided and just fabulous! That is where I got my journaling blocks and the scallop circle on the side of the picture. I have been using this paper quite a bit... by the time that I got to this layout I was working with a limited supply. But that is a fun challenge with using your scraps and supplies, making it go til it cannot go anymore! The scallop circle was actually cut in half, it came from the cut out sheet as well, and I had used what was on the other side... But I used my picture and made what I had work for me.

How do you make your supplies work for you and go the absolute farthest they can go???

Some neat things on the layout:
-The journaling my husband did for me, "Things that make you U" is not glued down.
It is hanging from the picture using jump rings.
- My green flower I cut out from some of the scraps I had left, the blue flower is actually from the same paper line, but I used gesso and transferred it to fabric. (This is a technique that I recently learned in my Claudine Hellmuth class).
- and I "I-Rocked" my layout! The bling that you see is custom! I used a stencil and my I-Rock tool to add fun swirls and a little bit more color to my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments